Keeping Seniors Connected Through Transit
Partnership amplifies commitment to improving the health of Central Oklahomans
SendaRide Contact: Laura Fleet
CEO and Co-Founder
EMBARK Contact: Michael Scroggins
Phone: O (405) 297-2107 M (405) 837-9510
Oklahoma City, OK – Mobility and connections are vital for Central Oklahoma seniors to stay healthy. To meet those needs, EMBARK and locally owned SendaRide are partnering to provide non-emergency medical transportation for health and wellness programs.
According to Health Management Technology, the total cost of missed healthcare appointments in the United States annually is an astonishing $150 billion. Not only is it costly, it is a serious health risk for those individuals needing medical attention but unable to find transportation. In response, EMBARK and SendaRide teamed up to address those needs.
“We are grateful to partner with EMBARK to help serve the transportation needs of Central Oklahomans,” said Laura Fleet, CEO, and founder of SendaRide. “Isolation can cause depression and loneliness, so providing transportation options gives them independence and can help improve the quality of life. I believe our long-term partnership with EMBARK will help Oklahomans move in the right direction, and SendaRide is excited to be part of this journey.”
EMBARK has partnered with SendaRide to be their transportation provider in over five (5) programs, to include:
- EMBARK Well – Provides seniors with free, round-trip, door-to-door service to six approved wellness centers across the metro. The program seeks to help hundreds of Oklahoma City residents over the age of 60 who struggle to access health and wellness services due to transportation issues.
- Share-A-Fare is a subsidy program for individuals with disabilities and seniors age sixty (60) or over. Share-A-Fare provides $4 per ride subsidy to eligible individuals to take up to 52 rides per year. This program added an additional courier service option, allowing seniors under safer-at-home orders to use their trip subsidy to schedule courier pickup for prescriptions or other needed items to be delivered to the residence.
- SendaRide also assists EMBARK and the Regional Food Bank in delivery of food boxes to area seniors impacted by COVID 19 and the stay at home orders.
SendaRide was created and customized for the healthcare industry. Personalized door-to-door concierge service makes them unique, along with their state-of-the-art technology. Each ride offers the rider, and their family, the assurance that they will arrive at their destination safely and on time. All rides are recorded, and the SendaRide app shows the ride in progress. Family members and caregivers can stay in contact with the drivers before and during the ride.
“Now more than ever, seniors require safe and reliable transportation to get to their medical appointments,” said Jason Ferbrache, EMBARK Administrator. “Through this partnership, we know our customers’ needs will be put first from the moment they are picked up to the last minute of their experience.”
Door-to-door service, friendly Care Partners (drivers), and the assurance that each rider will arrive at their destination safely is the SendaRide standard. Providing genuine care and quality transportation to their riders, is top priority for EMBARK. Together, this is a great partnership, and the new standard in transportation.
“This has really changed my life,” said Martha Holland, an EMBARK Well rider. “I quit driving last year and am on a fixed income. It gives me an outlet to get out, and both EMBARK and SendaRide provide such high-quality service. You’re able to build a great rapport with your drivers, and it’s just a really lovely experience.”
Interested parties, including family members and caregivers of interested seniors, can apply for EMBARK Well by calling 405-297-2583. Applicants must live in the service area of the participating wellness centers and must complete a short interview to determine eligibility. SendaRide transport is available upon approval and must be scheduled by calling 405-297-2583. Once scheduled, real-time tracking of loved ones is available via the SendaRide app. The app is available only for Apple users through the App Store.
SendaRide is setting the standard in healthcare transportation. Headquartered in Oklahoma, SendaRide serves Oklahoma City, Tulsa, DFW, Houston, and Austin, Texas. SendaRide was developed specifically for the healthcare industry and is focused on maintaining the highest level of service, safety, security, and efficiency for their riders, business partners, and families. SendaRide’s customized door-to-door concierge service and user-friendly HIPAA-compliant technology provide constant GPS monitoring, which sets them apart in the industry. Their commitment to providing an affordable and convenient transportation option for the healthcare industry will help reduce healthcare costs, increase facility efficiency, and improve patient quality of life. SendaRide will continue to offer “protocol safe” transportation for our riders and Care Partners. To learn more, visit www.sendaride.com.
EMBARK is the business unit of the Central Oklahoma Transportation & Parking Authority (COTPA) – a public trust administered by the City of Oklahoma City. EMBARK is responsible for providing safe, efficient, and convenient public transportation and downtown parking solutions to the greater Oklahoma City area.
1-800-731-1885 or, by visiting www.sendaride.com.
- January: Safe Driver of the Month January 9, 2023
- December: Safe Driver of the Month January 9, 2023
- Is your clinic suffering from no-shows due to patient transportation issues? December 6, 2022
- Seniors: Gain Better Quality of Life with Physical and Mental Health Tweaks October 31, 2022